Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pesto Ricotta Pizza

Pesto Ricotta Pizza before baking.....

I really enjoy coming up with new toppings for pizza and sometimes they come quite accidentally just like this one did.The other night I was making pizza for my family and I sadly discovered I didn't have enough sauce for all the pizzas so I scrounged my fridge finding some left over pesto and half a container of ricotta cheese..... why not give it a try? So glad I did because it was delicious, it reminded us of a spinach and ricotta pizza only with a lot more flavor!

........and after baking!

Ingredients
1/4 cup Pesto (See my recipe HERE)
1 cup ricotta cheese: whole milk
1/2 cup mozzarella shredded: whole milk
1 pizza dough (See my recipe HERE)
Directions
Preheat oven to 550 along with a stone on next to last rack if you have one.
Roll out or press out your dough onto parchment if using stone. Otherwise use a pan preferably one with the small holes in it.
Spread the pesto all over leaving an edge.
Now plop the ricotta all over using a tablespoon, don't worry about spreading it out.
Sprinkle the mozzarella all over evenly.
Slide the parchment onto stone and bake 4 minutes then remove the parchment and continue cooking until golden brown, about 8 more minutes.
If using a pan just place on the second to last rack and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: If you have a convection oven --lucky you-- turn the fan on and use the rack on the very bottom for the stone or second to last rack for pan. Bake for only about 8 minutes total for stone or for around 10-12 minutes for the pan.

2 comments:

Rosita Vargas said...

OMG...estupenda pizza me encantaría probar con el pesto,debe estar riquísima,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Rosita Vargas said...

OMG...estupenda pizza me encantaría probar con el pesto,debe estar riquísima,abrazos hugs,hugs.