Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Le Chocolat!



"Luc Clairmont: [at confession] Each time I tell myself it's the last time, but then I get a whiff of her hot chocolate, or...
Madame Audel: ...Seashells. Chocolate seashells, so small, so plain, so *innocent*. I thought, oh, just one little taste, it can't do any harm. But it turned out they were filled with rich, sinful...
Yvette Marceau: ...And it *melts*, God forgive me, it melts ever so slowly on your tongue, and tortures you with pleasure.
~Chocolat
One of my favorite movies is Chocolat! It combines several of my loves; food, romance, France, and chocolat!
 I have trained myself to feel satisfied with one small square of rich dark chocolate unlike my former much younger "whole bar of milk chocolate" days. The trick is in the richness and quality. My favorite place to buy good quality chocolate is Trader Joes but if you don't have one fear not, there are still choices at grocery stores like Publix.
Here is a list of my favorites:

Valrhona

Trader Joe's: This is by far the best chocolate bar ever....in my humble opinion ; ) I first heard about Valrhiona from Mireille of French Women Don't Get Fat on her "Mireille Recommends" page. I was so happy to find Trader Joe's carried it. It is simply amazing, rich, dark, smooth and the list goes on and on!

 Trader Joe's Belgium Dark Chocolate

Trader Joe's: Trader Joe's imported from Belgium chocolates are all very high quality but this dark chocolate is probably my favorite. It is a little cheaper and larger than Valrhona so I can get a bar and share it with my price conscience  hubby : )

Lindt

Publix: Lindt chocolates are a very high quality Swiss chocolate company that can be found in most grocery stores! They also have different rich flavors like seas salt, hazelnut, and Merlot!
 


No comments: