Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Lemon Health & Beauty secrets

Lemon as an Alpha Hydroxy Treatment:
Squeeze juice out and apply to face, neck, and hands (It will burn but that is the secret, it gently burns away old skin revealing fresh new skin!)
Let it rest for a few minutes and then rinse away with water. Do this only once a week at first and then once a month to maintain. It will burn less as you use it more routinely. The day you do this make sure to wear a sunscreen if you go out, as it will sensitize your skin to the sun for a day or two. I love this treatment and starting using it when I found I was sensitive to the store bought Alpha Hydroxy treatments.

Lemon Hair Highlighter:
I used to do this as a teen and it really works! Just spray some lemon juice on your hair before you go out in the sun and it will naturally lighten your hair.


Lemon Liver Cleanse:
Just drink a glass of water with the juice of half a lemon every morning before you eat. You may also add some honey if you like.
I always have a plate of lemon slices on our table and my children and I use them with our water through out the day. It is especially inviting when you have them next to a pretty pitcher of ice cold water with a slice or two of lemon floating in it!

No comments: