Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Caesar Salad

This is my friend Ann Young's recipe. She brought this to a church meeting one night and I was literally licking my salad plate clean! The Caesar Salad is not an Italian dish but was created by an Italian restaurateur living in Mexico, so I guess it would be called "Italian Mexican" :)
Dressing:
1/3 cup Parmigiana grated
1/4 cup buttermilk (I use yogurt)
3 T. fresh lemon juice
6 anchovy fillets
2 t. Worcestershire
2 t. Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves grated or minced
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. fresh pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

Salad:
3 romaine lettuce hearts, torn into bite-size pieces
2 ounces Parmigiana (Parmesan cheese) grated (1 cup)
1 recipe croutons

Blend ingredients except for the oil until smooth
With the blender running add the oil in a steady stream
Toss the lettuce,croutons, parmigiana, with half of the dressing

No comments: