Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Ode to Kitchen Gadgetry: Panini Press


 The GE Panini Press  is awesome for the price, can you believe only $29.00 for a panini press! My sister Flora got it for me a few Christmases ago and I love it, nothing beats a panini and a salad for a quick dinner night.
My favorite Panini is Salami, Basil, and Cheese. I take 2 pieces of good hearty bread cut at a diagonal. Brush some olive oil on one side of each. Place one piece oil side down on the press and add a few slices of provole, basil, and salami. Place the other piece of bread on top oil side up and press. The filling possibilities are endless! Here is the Panini Cookbook that inspired me to ask for a press for Christmas.

Nick Stellino's Passione: Pasta, Pizza, and Panini

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love kitchen gadgets! Panninis are so great....my favorite is provolone, prociutto, basil and roasted red peppers!

myriam said...

Hello Ann! How are you? You panini are very gorgeus!! I like it!! :-)
Here in Italy it is coming a beautiful spring!