Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015

Zucchini & Eggs


My Grandma Lucy Casolaro DeMaria, 
This is from Depression Era Italian American kitchens. In Italy they call these simple dishes Povera Cucina. This recipe is adapted from My Grandma Lucy's  Zucchini & Eggs with Pasta for my low carb lifestyle. My Grandma Lucy was a feisty fun lady who felt more like a fun aunt than a grandmother : ) She was my Mother's step Mom and my Dad's cousin....so I was double related to her!
My Grandma Lucy would have told you that the secret to this simple peasant dish is too keep the eggs slightly under-cooked and a bit liquidy so that when you add the Parmesan it becomes almost sauce like!
Ingredients
1 1/2 zucchini per person
1-2 eggs per person
1 garlic clove minced
 olive oil
fresh or dried thyme
salt & pepper
lots of freshly grated Parmesan!
Directions
Slice the zucchini
Heat olive oil and saute zucchini until soft, add sat and pepper
Beat eggs with salt to taste in a dish and pour over zucchini tossing until just cooked but still slightly liquidy!
Remove from heat immediately (eggs still being slightly under cooked) and add a lot of Parmesan and stir to form a sauce like consistency.
Serve with a good hearty bread if not eating low carb : )


No comments: