Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade Liqueurs as Christmas Gifts!


We love to give these homemade liqueurs away as Christmas gifts!  I use empty bottles I save during the year such as hot sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire bottles and decorate them with homemade tags made from recycled Christmas cards and bags. Then I like to top them off with a small homemade ornament!

~Favorite Liqueur Recipes~

Collect & Clean your bottles inside and out removing all labels and glue. A good soak & an SOS pad does the trick!. Hint: To make sure all the odors are gone I pour in a tablespoon of plain vodka and cap, then I swirl around a few times and empty. If the cap is smelly just turn the bottle upside down allow it to sit a few minutes in the cap and then empty.


Make tags or purchase some. I use old cards and bags by cutting with some etched scissors and gluing a label with the name of the liqueur. I make these on regular paper on the computer.Then tie it on with a pretty ribbon.
 
Add some cookies or small shot glasses and package in a nice basket for an even nicer gift.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Those are so pretty! I love how you reuse bottles and cards!

Peanut butter and chocolate said...

Such a great idea!

Many of the people in my life might appreciate a good limoncello :)

Thank you,
Itai Matos (TFIM)

Krista said...

What a wonderful idea! I am making that Amaretto for sure!

Diana's Cocina said...

What a lovely gift. I could always use what you might have left over ;).

Hank Hendricks said...

Just look at that. How a small tag make a simple bottle so good looking and precious gift. So appreciable.

Where i can find the plastic key tags in which i can put my small picture inside it?