Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Parsley Pesto

Winter Parsley Pesto....the name evokes such Christmasssiness, doesn't it? I call this my Winter Pesto because parsley is basically the only herb that thrives in my herb garden in the colder months. I decided to use walnuts instead of pine-nuts since they seem, well, kind of Christmassy to me : ) And that may be because Neapolitans eat a walnut sauced pasta on Christmas Eve.
Ingredients
1 bunch parsley tops
1 garlic clove
1/4 -1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan
1 handful walnuts
salt & pepper to taste
Directions
Throw in the processor and process until smooth starting with 1/4 cup oil. If you want it smoother add more oil.
Mix in with a pound of very hot pasta and a bit of the pasta water to thin out a bit, toss well.

2 comments:

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

This is similar to a pesto sauce my mother used to make that also included some dried basil in with the parsley for those who missed the traditional basil pesto flavor. She would coat tortellini with it and I would eat far more of it than I should!

Anonymous said...

Well I just became a follower of your blog. So far I love everything and Conratulations on being a winner.

Merry Christmas!
Norma
http://platanosmangoesandme.blogspot.com